Welcome to my blog! If this is your first time here, a good place to start would be at Introduction and Overview, over to the right side of the page.

Monday, January 25, 2016

1-25-2016: Reflection on My Experience

This blog post accounts for both today and last Friday. I have spent both days finalizing my model and working on my presentation.

I have planned my presentation to list each of the steps of my experience in my independent study, from learning about Microsoft Excel, to interviewing local business professionals, to the complicated building process. I will also be practicing my presentation today before the intensive fair begins.

Looking back at my independent study, I feel like I have accomplished a lot. I went from knowing nothing about finance to learning the basics. I learned more about business and leadership, and I learned different ways that business professionals use to make decisions for their companies. Things that I learned from my interviews with business professionals have been adapted into my model. I also learned a lot about Maumee Valley and realized there is an entire hidden side of the school in business, finance, and accounting that most people never see. I figured out the intricacies of building the model by myself, and went from knowing nothing about Microsoft Excel to having a pretty good grasp of it. I also appreciate all of the time and help that Kim Spurgeon, my sponsor, has given me over these past three weeks.

The idea for the independent study came from Mrs. Spurgeon. When I decided that I was going to take a leap of faith to do this independent study, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had no interest or prior experience in business or finance, but I knew that I loved Maumee Valley. I am happy to say that my independent study went well, and I learned a lot of things that I wouldn’t have otherwise learned had I not done this independent study. Although some parts of my independent study weren’t fun, there were many more parts of it that I enjoyed. I am a lot more interested in business and finance now, and I look forward to continuing to be involved in business and finance as a member of the Business Opportunities Task Force.

I am very happy with what I was able to do during my intensive independent study, and I am looking forward to showing you what I have learned at Intensive Fair, today at Maumee Valley, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. Those who stop by my table will be able to actually play with my model! I appreciate the time that the readers have taken to read my blog, and I hope that all of you enjoyed the journey as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment